According to Nobel Prize-winning scientist Daniel Kahneman, we experience approximately 20,000 moments each day. In honor of #RandomActsOfKindnessDay choose to make the most of each one by seizing the many opportunities to be kind, make an effort, connect, and give back.
- Pay a coworker an honest compliment.
2. Strike up a conversation with someone you see everyday but don’t know very well – a doorman, the postman, a neighbor, the barista.
3. Buy a coffee for the person in line behind you at the coffee shop.
4. Send flowers for no reason.
5. Offer to run an errand for a friend.
6. Hold the elevator.
7. Give your cab away.
8. Leave an extra big tip.
9. Hold the door.
10. Leave change in the vending machine.
11. Text a friend to tell them how and why you admire them.
12. Tell a stranger that you love what they’re wearing.
13. Make a playlist on Spotify for a friend who’s going through it.
14. Pick up some litter.
15. Write something nice on that person’s updates who posts on Facebook constantly. They’re probably lonely.
16. Put sticky notes with positive slogans on the mirrors in restrooms.
17. Bring your partner coffee in bed tomorrow.
18. Do a chore for someone without them knowing.
19. Leave happy notes around town.
20. Let someone go ahead of you inline.
21. Leave heads up pennies on the sidewalk.
22. Smile at everyone.
23. Email or write an old teacher who made a difference in your life.
24. Smile at someone on the street, just because.
25. Give up your seat to someone (anyone!) on the bus or subway.
Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does. -William Jam
I wish you all the best,